Data Visualization: Principles and Practices – Free Course
Excellent analysts all have one thing in common; They’ve got a distinct knack for communicating the implications of their quantitative findings in a way that members from any audience type can understand. The truth is, no matter how talented you are at data analysis, if you’re not able to communicate your findings, then they add no value to your organization. The data insights you generate need to result in actionable recommendations, and you need to be able to communicate those recommendations in a way that’s understandable, even by non-technical people.
This course teaches you the principles and hands-on strategies for guaranteed success when communicating the implications of your quantitative analyses. This course offers data visualization best practices for all types of professional, including business analysts, quants, scientists, engineers, and even social workers.
At the end of this two-day course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the 3 main types of data visualization, and learn the intended purpose for each
- Use our 3-step process to design data visualizations that are custom-tailored to the needs of your specific audience
- Customize your data visualizations so they fit the precise purpose you intend for them
- Use our proven 4-step process for selecting the very best data graphic for your task at-hand
- Deploy the data graphics that are most ideal for communicating your quantitative findings
Whether you’re looking to polish your skills in data storytelling, data showcasing or data art, this course has something for you!
2 video lectures ~ 45 minutes total
Comprehensive cheatsheet companion for Data Visualization: Principles and Practices